Archive Press Releases >
2007 Archives >
- MAYOR PRAISES BUFFALO HOMELAND SECURITY FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today expressed great pleasure with the announcement that the federally designated Buffalo ...
- FUNDRAISER SET FOR POLICE OFFICER PATRICIA PARETE
- Mayor Byron Brown, Police Commissioner H. McCarthy Gipson, B District Chief Donna Berry and friends and ...
- MAYOR BROWN ANNOUNCES EXTENSION OF DEADLINE FOR POLICE EXAM
- BUFFALO—Mayor Byron Brown today announced that the City of Buffalo will extend the deadline for people to sign up for the Buffalo Police Exam, and that—for the first time—the exam is open to applicants nationwide.
- MAYOR BROWN ANNOUNCES HUD GRANT FOR BUFFALO
- BUFFALO—Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that the City of Buffalo Office of Strategic Planning is the recipient of a new grant award under HUD's Lead Based Paint Demonstration Program.
- MAYOR BROWN ANNOUNCES ELECTRONICS AND CLOTHING RECYCLING DAY
- The City of Buffalo and the County of Erie are sponsoring a Computer and Clothing Recycling Collection Day on Saturday, January 13, 2007 at the Buffalo Zoo from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- MAYOR BROWN ANNOUNCES NEW POLICE INITIATIVE
- Mayor Byron W. Brown and Police Commissioner H. McCarthy Gipson today announced the formation of a special Police Department unit, the Mobile Response Unit, which is designed to target and eliminate areas of high crime, illegal guns, ...
- MAYOR BROWN PARTICIPATES IN PRESTIGIOUS WALL STREET PROJECT ECONOMIC SUMMIT
- Mayor Byron W. Brown this week traveled to New York City to be a panelist during the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition’s 10th Annual Wall Street Project Economic Summit, headed by Rev. Jesse Jackson.
- MAYOR BROWN INTRODUCES NEW FIRE DEPARTMENT “EMPLOYEE”
- The newest hire at the Buffalo Fire Department is 60 pounds, approximately three feet high and enjoys Alpo more than chicken wings.
- PERFORMING ARTS EVENT FOR BUFFALO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Mayor Byron W. Brown and Buffalo Public Schools Superintendent Dr. James A. Williams today announced a unique performing arts event that will be staged for the benefit of Buffalo Public School students on Monday, January 29th at Shea’s Performing Arts Center.
- Mayor Brown to Attend Mayors Against Illegal Guns National Summit
- Mayor Byron W. Brown is scheduled to attend a national summit of Mayors Against Illegal Guns to be held in Washington, DC on January 23, 2007. The objective of this full-day event is for mayors to share ideas and strategies on this critical issue...
- MAYOR BROWN ANNOUNCES SECOND CITIZENS PARTICIPATION ACADEMY
- Applications for the spring session of the Mayor’s Citizens’ Participation Academy (CPA) initiative are now available. Classes for the spring session are scheduled to begin on March 27, 2007.
- MAYOR BROWN ANNOUNCES CONTRACT AGREEMENT WITH BUFFALO FIREFIGHTERS
- Following several months of negotiations, Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that the City of Buffalo has reached a tentative agreement with the Buffalo Professional Firefighters Association, I.A.F.F., Local 282. The Mayor is ...
- MAYOR BROWN ANNOUNCES STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that he will deliver his first State of the City address on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 during...
- MAYOR BROWN RETURNS FROM MAYORS AGAINST ILLEGAL GUNS NATIONAL SUMMIT
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today returned from a national summit of Mayors Against Illegal Guns that was held yesterday in Washington, DC. The objective of this full-day event was for mayors to share ideas and strategies on this critical issue, as well as to share with the new Congress the coalition’s agenda to combat illegal guns.