Archive Press Releases >
2008 Archives >
- Mayor Announces Living Wage Increase For Seasonal Employees
— Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that City of Buffalo seasonal employees will receive Living Wage salary increases. The action will affect 92 current employees in 6 city departments...
- Mayor Brown Finalizes Hickory Woods Settlement
— Mayor Byron W. Brown today confirmed approval of funding for the Hickory Woods Settlement Agreement that will end four lawsuits against the City of Buffalo and the...
- Mayor Brown Welcomes New Buffalo Police Academy Cadets
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Police Commissioner H. McCarthy Gipson today welcomed 78 new police recruits to the Buffalo Police Department...
- Mayor Brown Announces Weekend Police Wrap Up
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Police Commissioner H. McCarthy Gipson today provided a briefing of Buffalo Police Department activities over the holiday weekend that included...
- Mayor Brown/Buffalo Police Department Announce Chippewa Entertainment District Public Safety Plan
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Buffalo Police Commissioner H. McCarthy Gipson today discussed aspects of the city’s commitment to maintaining public safety in the Buffalo’s downtown entertainment district...
- Kohl’s Department Store Planned For Delaware Commons
— Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that Benderson Development Company, Inc. will bring a new 88,000 square foot Kohl’s Department Store to the Delaware Commons site at...
- Mayor Brown Announces New Administration Appointment
— Mayor Byron Brown today appointed Donna M. Brown as Deputy Mayor. Ms. Brown will begin her new position in the Brown Administration immediately (Ms. Brown is not related to Mayor Brown).
- City of Buffalo Surplus At Historic Levels
— Last week, Deloitte & Touche LLP issued a favorable FY 2006-07 audit for the City, which reported a $21,695,000 surplus, the largest in the history of the City of Buffalo...
- City Homicides Reach Lowest Level Since 2004
— Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that homicides in the City of Buffalo reached their lowest level in four years at the conclusion of 2007.
- Congressman Higgins, Mayor Brown Announce Main Street Reconstruction Plan For 700 Block
— Congressman Brian Higgins and Mayor Byron W. Brown today unveiled plans to restore the 700 Block of Main Street to two-way traffic, opening a critical section of Downtown Buffalo...