- Mayor Brown Announces $8.1 Million in Proposed Capital Improvements to Citywide Community Centers
- Mayor Brown Kicks Off Phase-One Broderick Park Revitalization Project With A Ceremonial Groundbreaki
— Mayor Byron Brown was joined today by Niagara District Councilman David Rivera, members of the Buffalo Quarters Historical Society, Buffalo United Front...
- Mayor Brown Welcomes IBM Smarter Cities Challenge Team To Buffalo
— Senior Global Team of IBM Executives to analyze and recommend ways for City of Buffalo to identify strategies for utilizing data to develop, enhance and facilitate employment opportunities for young people...
- Mayor Brown, Senior Citizens Celebrate National Older Americans Month in Buffalo
- Mayor Brown Releases 2013-2014 City Budget
— $482.5 million spending plan provides residential property tax certainty, a business tax cut, and does not raise any fees, including the garbage user fee...
- Fillmore Avenue Streetscape Project
— Mayor Byron Brown, joined today by Majority Leader Demone Smith and members of the Martin Luther King Jr., Park neighborhood, announced the start of construction on the...
- Mayor Brown Announces $3.2 Million Investment In Fruit Belt Neighborhood Infrastructure
— Today Mayor Byron Brown joined Majority Leader Demone Smith and Ellicott District Council Member Darius Pridgen to announce a combined $3.2 million investment in Fruit Belt neighborhood infrastructure improvements...
- Mayor Brown Kicked Off The 2013 Clean Sweep Initiative
- Mayor Brown Honors 1,500 National Service Volunteers
— Mayor Brown and more than 800 mayors across the country participated in the first-ever Mayors Day of Recognition for National Service, in an effort to highlight the impact of national service in tackling city problems...
- Mayor Brown Announces 6th Citywide Gun Buyback Program
— Mayor Byron Brown today announced that his Administration’s sixth “No Questions Asked” Gun BuyBack Program will take place on Saturday, May 4, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at seven drop-off sites across Buffalo...
- Mayor Brown Unveils New Sidewalk Sweepers
— Spinning around the Jefferson Avenue business district, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown took the city’s two new sidewalk sweepers on a test-drive toda...
- Webtech Wireless Launches Buffalo Roads Mobile Application with the City of Buffalo
— Webtech Wireless Inc. (TSX:WEW), a leading provider of vehicle fleet location-based services (LBS) and telematics technology, today announces that it has partnered with...
- Mayor Brown Celebrates Women’s History Month At City Hall
— In honor of Women’s History Month, March 2013, Mayor Byron Brown and the City of Buffalo Commission on Citizens’ Rights & Community Relations today recognized...
- Mayor Brown Delivers Hot Meals To Homebound Seniors
— Mayor Byron Brown and dozens of Meal on Wheels Volunteers gathered at the George K. Arthur Building on Genesee Street today to raise awareness about senior hunger in the City of Buffalo...
- Mayor Brown KicksOff Easter Season at Broadway Market
- Mayor Brown West Side Community Services Acknowledge AT&T Contribution
— Mayor Byron Brown and Robert Holliday, Vice President and General Manager, AT&T Upstate New York, joined West Side Community Services (WSCS) Executive Director Lucy A. Candelario today at a special event to acknowledge...
- Mayor Brown Celebrates Progress In Buffalo
— Mayor Byron Brown delivered his annual State of the City address today at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, detailing his agenda for the year that continues the progress of the past seven years...
- Mayor Brown Kicks Off his 2013 Summer Youth Internship Program and Challenges the Business Community
— Mayor Byron Brown today announced that the applications for the 2013 Summer Youth Internship Program are now available. He also called upon local businesses to join him in his goal of providing employment opportunities this summer to youth in the City of Buffalo.
- Mayor Brown, City of Buffalo to Offer Christmas Tree Recycling
- Buffalo Is Ready To Ring In The New Year
— Mayor Byron Brown, along with representatives of the Buffalo Police Athletic League and others, joined Iskalo Development today to conduct the annual ‘test drop’ in advance of the Buffalo New Year’s Eve Ball Drop that’s scheduled for December 31st...
- Goodbye 2012! Buffalo Ball Drop Returns To Downtown Buffalo For The 25th Year
— Ring in 2013 at the 25th annual “Buffalo Ball Drop & Fireworks” event at Iskalo Development’s Electric Tower, 535 Washington Street, in downtown Buffalo. Roosevelt Plaza – where Huron, Genesee, and Washington Streets meet...
- Mayor Brown Appoints Ellen E. Grant As Deputy Mayor
— Mayor Byron Brown announced today that he is appointing Ellen E. Grant, PhD, LCSW-R, as Deputy Mayor of the City of Buffalo...
- City Residents Watch An Era Come To An End
— t’s the latest visible sign that change is coming to Buffalo’s Central Park Plaza neighborhood. Today, Mayor Byron Brown, joined by John Ciminelli, Senior Vice President of LPCiminelli, marked an important milestone...
- City Investment In New Athletic Field In South Buffalo
— City of Buffalo children and families will soon have a new, state-of-the-art multi-purpose athletic field. Today, Mayor Byron Brown, joined by Deputy Commissioner of Parks Andrew Rabb, State Assemblyman Michael Kearns, and...
- Buffalo Earns IBM Smarter Cities Challenge Grant
— Mayor Byron Brown is pleased to announce that IBM has selected the City of Buffalo to receive a competitive IBM Smarter Cities Challenge grant..
- Mayor Brown Announces Start Of Construction At Riverside Apartments
— Riverside residents are about to see a major transformation in their historic neighborhood. Wearing hard hats and armed with shovels...
- Mayor, DPW Announce 2012 Bagged Leaf Collection
— Today, Mayor Byron Brown and Department of Public Works Commissioner Steven Stepniak announced that, effective November 12, 2012 – November 16, 2012...
- Mayor Brown’s Recommended 2013 Capital Budget
— The Buffalo Zoo’s new Polar Bear Exhibit served as the backdrop today when Mayor Byron Brown unveiled highlights of his recommended 2013 Capital Budget. The $21 million recommended spending plan includes...
- Neighborhood Improvement Program Marks A 'Clean Sweep' Milestone
— Today marked another milestone for the City of Buffalo’s Clean Sweep Initiative. Mayor Byron Brown announced that the Save Our Streets Task Force conducted 26 ‘sweeps’ throughout the City of Buffalo in 2012, the most ever in a single season...
- National Fire Prevention Month
— October is National Fire Prevention Month and firehouses throughout the city are hosting open houses to encourage increased fire safety and prevention in Buffalo...
- Mayor Brown Honors One Of Buffalo’s First School Crossing Guards
— Mayor Byron Brown and members of the Buffalo Crossing Guards Association today recognized Jane L. Ervin for her 60 years of service as a school crossing guard in Buffalo by issuing a proclamation...
- Mayor Brown Seeks Public Input On City’s First Skate Plaza
— Mayor Byron Brown, along with members of Buffalo’s active skateboarding community, today invited skate enthusiasts to work alongside internationally recognized New Line Skateparks Inc. at an upcoming public meeting...
- Mayor Brown, Fire Commissioner Whitfield Introduce New-Generation Of Thermal Imaging Cameras
— City of Buffalo allocated $123,600 in Homeland Security grant funds to purchase 20 tactical lightweight thermal imaging cameras; Cameras allow firefighters to see heat signatures on the screen...
- Mayor Brown Call on City Schools to Recycle
— Mayor Byron Brown celebrated the start of the school year today at the Math, Science and Technology Preparatory School (#197) by congratulating members of the ...
- Broke Buffalo Record For Summer Reading
— Children who live in the City of Buffalo set a new record for summer reading this year. Mayor Byron Brown announced today at the annual ‘Reading Rules! Kids Summer Reading Challenge Award Ceremony’ at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center that more than..
- Mayor Brown, The Hamister Group Announce New Easement Agreement, $40 Million Hotel Project
— Mayor Byron Brown was joined today by Mark Hamister, Chairman and CEO of The Hamister Group and Daniel Hamister, Senior Vice President of Business Development, to announce that a $40 million plan to transform the Tishman Building into a Hilton Garden Inn hotel
- New Boardwalk Officially Opens at the Erie Basin Marina
— Waterfront enthusiasts now have a new way to enjoy the downtown Buffalo shoreline. Today, Mayor Byron W. Brown officially opened the new $469,000 Observation Boardwalk at Erie Basin Marina.
- Buffalo Sabres Selected To Develop The Webster Block
— Mayor Brown applauds the $123 million economic development project that will transform the prized city-owned parcel into a hockey-themed destination creating 350 new jobs ...
- Mayor Brown Announced Results of 5th Citywide Gun BuyBack Program
— Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that 746 firearms were handed in during his 5th Buffalo Gun Buyback Program, the second highest total of the gun buybacks conducted since 2006. The program was designed to get illegal weapons off the street, and is a piece of Buffalo’s overall strategy to reduce crime.
- Mayor Brown Performs A Test on Buffalo's First Porous Street
— A $750,000 State Grant, awarded to the City of Buffalo, funded this green technology pilot program, part of a $3 million infrastructure investment in Buffalo...