Archive Press Releases >
2007 Archives >
- Mayor Brown Announces Pet Spay and Neuter Service Through City of BUffalo Animal Shelter
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that the City of Buffalo Animal Shelter is offering a unique opportunity to pet owners interested in...
- Mayor Brown's Gun Buyback Program Set for Saturday
- BUFFALO – Mayor Byron W. Brown’s “No Questions Asked” Gun Buyback Program is ready to take place this Saturday, June 2nd from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at seven drop-off sites across Buffalo.
- Mayor Byron W. Brown's Citizens’ Participation Academy Graduates Second Class
- Mayor Byron W. Brown this week joined the graduates of the City of Buffalo’s second class of the Citizens’ Participation Academy (CPA), along with the graduates’ friends and families, at a commencement exercise in City Hall.
- Lifting of the Wage Freeze. What Does It Mean?
- Of the approximately 2,700 city employees (excluding Board of Education, BMHA, BERC, BSA), here’s what today’s action by the City of Buffalo means:
- Mayor Brown Announces Ninth Consecutive Month of Decrease in Violent Crime in Buffalo
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today reiterated information disclosed Monday, June 4th that violent crime in the City of Buffalo has continued to decline for nine consecutive months, including a 35% decrease in homicides.
- Mayor Brown's Summer Neighborhood Special Event Permit Process
- Popularity of neighborhood special events require 30-day notice...
- Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority Vote to Lift City Employee Wage Freeze
- The lifting of the wage freeze today recognizes that the Buffalo fiscal crisis is ending...
- Mayor Brown Will Provide for Full Restoration of Step and Longevity Increases
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced his goal of restoring full step increases and longevity payments to all city workers affected by the three-year Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority-imposed wage freeze. To help achieve this ...
- Mayor Brown, Comptroller Sanfilippo and Commissioner Gipson Release Gun Buyback Audit Information
- Mayor Byron W. Brown, City Comptroller Andrew SanFilippo, and Buffalo Police Commissioner H. McCarthy Gipson today released the official city audit of Mayor Brown’s “No Questions Asked” Gun Buyback Program, which was held this past Saturday, June 2, 2007 at seven locations across the City of Buffalo.
- Mayor Brown Announces Appointment to City Court
- Mayor Byron Brown today appointed Buffalo attorney Betty Calvo-Torres to fill a vacant City Court judgeship, as a result of the appointment of Hon. Timothy Franczyk to Erie County Court Judge.
- City of Buffalo Animal Shelter Announces "Cause for Paws" Fundraiser
- Friends of the Buffalo Animal Shelter announce “Cause for Paws,” with a different twist on the usual garage sale, with proceeds benefiting the City of Buffalo Animal Shelter.
- City of Buffalo Animal Shelter Launches "Caring for Carina" Campaign
- Recently, Carina, a nursing mother cat, and her kittens were brought into the City of Buffalo Animal Shelter by a Good Samaritan who wanted to provide her with a safe haven to raise her babies. The Shelter staff immediately noticed what appeared to be a badly broken leg on Carina.
- Mayor Brown Calls for Peace Bridge Construction
- June 27, 2007
Mayor Byron W. Brown today reemphasized his demand that the Peace Bridge redevelopment project move forward, but that it also account for redevelopment and economic development opportunities in adjacent city neighborhoods.
- City of Buffalo Discontinues "Blue Flu" Litigation
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced the City of Buffalo has discontinued its “blue flu” litigation against City police officers. This action took place yesterday at a conference between representatives of the City, the PBA and Judge Paula Feroleto.